Faith Based Addiction Treatment
“God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves” – The Big Book
Faith Based TreatmentWe provide faith based treatment because it works. The relationship between faith and spiritual practice and long-term sobriety is well documented. Thousands of men and women have been able to recover from drug and alcohol addiction through spiritual work and practice. That is why at the heart of our Christian rehab program are faith based treatment modalities including bible study, daily morning devotions, 12 step meetings, regular church services, Celebrate Recovery® meetings and Christian counseling services. In our faith based treatment program, we believe that the problems that lead one to drugs and alcohol and the problems caused by drugs and alcohol can be resolved through faith in God. Faith and spiritual practice facilitates recovery because recovering addicts and alcoholics are living examples of how God does for us what we can’t do for ourselves. Many felt hopeless that they would ever be able to abstain from drugs and alcohol yet were able to through the help of God. Many addicts and alcoholics know that the way they are living is not the way God intended them to live. Through faith based addiction treatment and recovery, studying and working with other Christians, alcoholics and addicts have been able find themselves and God again. They know deep within that they are blessed to live happy and healthy lives as productive members of society. Our faith based drug and alcohol treatment program equips clients with the tools to be just that.
Rising out of DespairThrough abstaining from substances that provide a spiritual block between oneself and God and moving toward the light of spiritual power of Jesus Christ, clients are able to place their problems and stresses in his hands and have faith in overcoming them. Here are some of the ways in which faith based treatment helps our clients out of the despair of addiction:
- Being able to discern God’s will from their own and abstain from drugs and alcohol and other addictive behaviors
- Working with staff members who are committed Christians and have overcome addiction themselves
- Experiencing treatment services that coincide and support scripture and biblical teachings
- Having opportunities for spiritual development and development of new ways of relating to themselves, others, and God.
- Healing through an effective blend of traditional and alternative therapies
- Having one-on-one sessions with committed Christian clinicians and group sessions with a community of like-minded Christians dedicated to their recovery
- Letting go of guilt, shame and self-punishment by learning about how addiction is a disease
- Experiencing Celebrate Recovery® meetings where they were founded at Saddle Back Church
- Living in one of the largest recovery communities in the United States proving endless opportunities for fellowship
Paul Alexander is the founder of LINKS Christian Drug Rehab Program, the Christian tract of Northbound Treatment. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology, Law, and Society, Summa Cum Laude, from the University of California, Irvine, and a Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles. Paul received his Certified Addiction Treatment Specialist training at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, CA, and was awarded the Outstanding Alumni Service Award in 2002. He believes wholeheartedly in Christian programming that incorporates evidence-based treatment with spiritual teachings as the cornerstone in program structure.