If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction and questioning your faith, rest assured that all things are possible with God. Scriptures teach that prayer is an avenue for communication with God during which you can get the help you need. At Christians Drug Rehab, you can learn how to overcome your addiction with God and use things like prayer to maintain your sobriety.
What Role Does Religion Play in Addiction Treatment?
Religion plays perhaps one of the most significant roles in addiction treatment. Overwhelming scientific evidence confirms that people involved in any type of religion or have strong spiritual beliefs have a reduced risk of substance use regardless of age, sex, or other demographics. What’s more, religion plays a significant role in achieving successful addiction treatment. Some of the benefits of faith-based rehab include:
- The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse found that adults who don’t believe religion is essential are three times more likely to succumb to alcoholism and four times more likely to use illegal drugs.
- Compared to those who attend religious services weekly, adults who never participate in religious services are five times more likely to use illegal drugs and seven times more likely to binge drink.
- People with strong religious or spiritual beliefs can heal faster and live healthier lives after a religious rehab program compared to those without religious or spiritual beliefs.
- Individuals who attend religious addiction treatment programs and maintain religion and spirituality have a higher chance of drug and alcohol treatment success and long-term sobriety.
- Younger adults and teenagers who are religiously active and have a belief in God have better-coping skills when they attend religious addiction treatment programs and get better outcomes in the end.
- Individuals who attend a religious rehab program and already have pre-existing religious involvement are more likely to engage in long-term recovery activities and beneficial behaviors.
- Research has found that individuals with religious or spiritual engagement are less likely to engage in simultaneous substance use, so if they struggle with addiction, they won’t abuse multiple substances simultaneously.
The list goes on and on. But even those who didn’t grow up exposed to religion or faith can attend a religious rehab program and learn how to rely on God, faith, and positive religious coping mechanisms to get clean and stay sober.
Are There Religious Addiction Treatment Programs?
Yes, there are religious addiction treatment programs, which have a higher chance of helping you achieve and maintain sobriety. In fact, research shows that the use of spiritual resources like positive religious coping mechanisms contributes to better addiction recovery outcomes.
With religious addiction treatment programs, you can integrate coping skills ranging from prayer to belief. Using positive religious coping mechanisms taught in these religious addiction treatment programs has a positive correlation to reducing cravings and increasing your participation in things like 12-step programs. Positive religious coping mechanisms can help you maintain sobriety after completing your rehab. People who rely on religion after leaving a treatment program are more likely to apply healthy coping mechanisms instead of turning back to drugs and alcohol.
How to Find a Religious Rehab Center Near Me
If you are ready to find a religious rehab center in Southern California, let Christians Drug Rehab help. We promote faith in Christ as a tenant of our addiction treatment. Whether you need detox or outpatient care, we can help you find your way back to a healthy, rewarding life by overcoming your addiction. If someone you love is struggling with addiction, we can also help you arrange an intervention to promote a faith-based treatment plan that has a higher chance of long-term success.
We know that faith plays an integral role in all things, especially recovery from situations that are outside of our control. And now, multiple studies around the world have found that higher levels of religion and spirituality improve stress, mental health, and addiction recovery. These are key components to successful rehab treatment. Let our team help you improve your positive religious coping mechanisms, engage in Christian-centered social support, and orient your life toward an optimistic path.
Let Christians Drug Rehab help you find a religious rehab program that works.